Thursday, February 15, 2007

2/15/07

A very nice and relaxed general for Carlyn Davis today. She called last week to set up a meet-and-greet, completely forgetting that I met her several years ago. Ah, well, maybe this one will stick. They put me on tape for their files, with a brief monologue, then reading a very generic side. But the techie, Jan, was warm and welcoming.

My film career has been fairly limited, with the exception of a terrific little part in John Waters' "Pecker." (My catch phrase swept the nation: "Everybody wants to be in Vogue!") Otherwise, background work has been my bread and butter in the film world. I've hauled dead bodies in "Homicide," lectured (in silence) the young Jeb Bartlett in "West Wing," and helped Kirstie Alley and Tim Allen escape legal punishment in "For Richer or Poorer." My significant role in the indie "Red Nights" has been relegated to the VHS bin, with little hope that the film will ever be released on DVD.

So Carlyn, do with me what you will...

No comments: